Registration for the September 2018 Building Blocks to Co-Regulation has closed. Please contact us if you require more information.
Co-Regulation strategies for therapists and teachers working with toddlers and preschoolers with special needs and their parents/caregivers
Dates: September 20th and 21st, 2018
Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
Where: Kemptville Campus W.B. George Conference Room 1
Address: 48 Shearer Street, Kemptville ON K0G 1J0
- Participants will have an in depth understanding and self-awareness of the importance of co-regulation and building parent capacity when helping very young children with complex needs acquire early self-regulation skills.
- Participants will acquire the knowledge and confidence to incorporate key concepts of the model, including movement and play into therapy sessions for improved engagement, participation and skill acquisition..
- Learn evidence-informed strategies from the fields of self-regulation, occupational therapy, physiotherapy speech/language pathology, attachment, early childhood education, and parenting that can be immediately incorporated into your current practice.
- Acquire the knowledge to combine the strategies and incorporate the approach in individualized and existing programs such as language and play groups.
- Learn a variety of practical strategies that can immediately be implemented in your practice to develop self-regulation and co-regulation skills, as well as build parent capacity.
- Interactive workshop with limited enrolment allows for indepth learning and rich interprofessional discussions
- 2 days of interactive learning
- A manual with strategies and curriculum
- Lunch both days
- A signature Stop-WAIT-Go bracelet
- Ongoing community support after the session
Get $50 off per person by forming a team of 2 or more. Your team can be made up of others from your organization, community, or professions. There are no restrications to the team compositions.
Upon the conclusion of the workshop, qualifying participants will have the possibility of purchasing a Wait Kit containing 6 WAIT mats for $50.